LATEST POSTS

Tuesday, 9 April 2013

Show Me, Tell Me Questions

Show Me, Tell Me questions form part of the practical driving test. Your examiner will ask two random questions out of a possible 19 questions. These questions concern the layout of a motor vehicle and cover the basic knowledge needed to run a car. If you answer either question incorrectly, you will score one fault on your driving test.

The questions are available on the DSA's website. The following is an example of a list of questions you might be expected to answer, please be advised that the questions do change from time to time, these questions below were taken from an official DSA training material however they do not necessarily form part of the test, rather they are designed to give you experience on the type of questions asked so that on the day of your test you will know what to expect.




Q1. Open the bonnet, identify where you would check the engine coolant level and tell me how you would check the engine has the correct level.
Q2. Open the bonnet, identify where the brake fluid reservoir is and tell me how you would check that you have a safe level of hydraulic brake fluid.
Q3. Show me/explain how you would check that the power assisted steering is working before starting a journey.Q4. Open the bonnet, identify where you would check the engine oil level and tell me how you would check that the engine has enough oil.Q5. Open the bonnet, identify where the Windscreen Washer reservoir is and tell me how you check the level?Q6. Show me how you would check that the horn is working (off road only).Q7. Show me how you would check that the brake lights are working on this car. (I can assist you, if you need to switch the ignition on, please don't start the engine).Q8. Tell me how you would check that the brakes are working before starting a journey.
Q9. Tell me how you would check that the headlights and tail lights are working.Q10. Show me how you would check that the direction indicators are working correctly.Q11. Tell me where you would find the information for the recommended tyre pressures for this car and how tyre pressures should be checked.
Q12. Show me how you would check the parking brake for excessive wear.Q13. Tell me how you make sure your head restraint is correctly adjusted so it provides the best protection in the event of a crash.Q14. Tell me how you would check the tyres to show that they have sufficient tread depth and that their general condition is safe to use on the road.Q15. Show me how you would clean the windscreen using the windscreen washer and wipers.Q16. Show me how you would set the demister controls to clear all the windows effectively, this should include both front and rear screens.Q17. Tell me how you would know if there was a problem with your anti lock braking system.Q18. Show me how you switch your headlight from dipped to main beam and explain how you would know the main beam is on whilst inside the car.Q19. Show me how you would switch on the rear fog light(s) and explain when you would use it/them. (No need to exit vehicle).

Please study these questions and have a go at answering them. You can refer to the diagram above to help you. Please Click Here to find the answers!!








4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this! I have been looking for some driving schools in Vancouver. Do you know of any?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Show me and tell me is the part of practical driving test and the above post is really helpful for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Practical driving test is so hard for other that's the reason why some car owners have their own personal driver, but for those who are willing to know driving and feel so nervous stop worrying coz driver training for nervous adults Minneapolis is ready rendering their service.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post is very informative! I have joined professional Port Macquarie Driving School for best driving lessons and they are good. Soon, I am also going to appear for my license exam and your article really help me.

    ReplyDelete